Help Stop Waste
**YOU CAN HELP STOP MEDICAID FRAUD, WASTE AND ABUSE**
Examples of Medicaid Fraud and Waste include:
· Providing unnecessary services.
· Billing for medical services not actually performed.
· Billing for unnecessary services.
· Billing more than once for the same service.
· Billing separately for services that legitimately should be one billing.
· Dispensing generic drugs but billing for brand-name drugs.
· Giving or accepting something of value (kickbacks), such as cash, gifts, or services, in return for medical services.
· Falsifying cost reports or claims.
Examples of Medicaid Abuse include:
· When someone lies about their medical condition.
· When someone lies about their eligibility.
· When someone forges prescriptions.
· When someone loans their Medicaid card to others.
If you suspect fraud, waste or abuse… call Toll Free:
State of New Jersey Department of Human Services