Help Stop Waste
**YOU CAN HELP STOP MEDICAID FRAUD, WASTE AND ABUSE**
Examples of Medicaid Fraud and Waste include:
- Providing unnecessary services.
- Billing for medical services not actually performed.
- Billing for unnecessary services.
- Billing more than once for the same service.
- Billing separately for services that legitimately should be one billing.
- Dispensing generic drugs but billing for brand-name drugs.
- Giving or accepting something of value (kickbacks), such as cash, gifts, or services, in return for medical services.
- Falsifying cost reports or claims.
Examples of Medicaid Abuse include:
- When someone lies about their medical condition.
- When someone lies about their eligibility.
- When someone forges prescriptions.
- When someone loans their Medicaid card to others.
If you suspect fraud, waste or abuse… call Toll Free:
State of New Jersey Department of Human Services at
New Jersey Medicaid Fraud Division at 888-937-2835 or https://www.nj.gov/comptroller/about/work/medicaid/complaint.shtml
New Jersey Insurance Fraud Prosecutor Hotline at 877-55-FRAUD or https://njinsurancefraud2.org/#report.